Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wonder of Wonders... Miracle of Miracles!

OK, can you tell me what makes this picture so special?? Hint: Look at Emma!

Answer: She has pig tails in!!

If you don't know why this is such a big deal, then you probably don't know me as well as you think you do. When Emma was a baby, I had a headband or clip in her hair EVERY day. I love when little girls have their hair done. For a long time now, she has refused to let me do anything with her hair. On Sunday, David jokingly said that I should try putting pig tails in. Of course, I laughed. She never sits still long enough to let me do her hair, and then she pulls it out the first chance she gets (usually about 1.5 seconds after I'm finished). I made a big deal that she was going to have pretty pig tails, and guess what? She fell for it! For THREE days now, she has had pig tails and she loves them. She calls them her "pretty tails" and insists that I use a pink rubber bands. Of course, she's still a wild child, so they get pretty messed up, but who cares? OK, maybe me, but I'll take anything at this point!! Isn't she cute?

Now, everyone say a little prayer that this new found enthusiasm for "pretty tails" will last!! In a couple days, I might even try putting bows in them, but I'm trying not to push my luck! :)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a miracle! Oh Emma, you look so beautiful in your pretty tails! I'll say a prayer that she'll decide to let you continue putting her hair in rubber bands, clips and maybe even a few bows!!!

Deanna said...

Yey!! I'd noticed she had some in part of the time on Sunday. Anna used to leave them in, but now pulls them out... :(

rebecca said...

Yay! I know how much you love hair bows. She IS so cute. I love her bangs. Congrats!

Sue said...

You sure are pretty with your "pretty tails". Love you Emma.

Sue said...

By the way what happened to David's fingers??

Helen said...

I noticed the pigtails first thing! YAY EMMA! (& MOM!!)

Stacie said...

Yay for pigtails! She looks adorable. I can't believe how big she looks.

Melissa C. said...

Sue- He pulled weeds without wearing gloves. Oops! :)

Nicole said...

YEAH!!! I knew the day would come! For your sanity though, I had hoped it would come sooner. But hey, better late than never right? She looks adorable. I'm about to give Alli bangs and seeing Emma's pigtails with bangs makes me even more confident that I should. As for bows, maybe you could let Emma pick her bows... maybe she'll be on board then. Good luck.

nikki said...

She is soooo cute! Congrats here's to a lifetime of good hair days!