Friday, August 29, 2008

This Just Sucks!

http://stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html

* OK, I am feeling such a range of emotions right now. I just finished reading the portion of "Midnight Sun" that Stephenie posted on her site, and it is WONDERFUL. I seriously had the biggest, goofiest smile on my face the entire time I was reading it. Yet, I feel like I want to curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep that I may never have a copy of the complete story sitting on my shelf next to "Twilight". Maybe there's still hope, though. Time heals all wounds, right?

7 comments:

Helen said...

I agree!

Cari said...

Ditto!

Nicole said...

How hard that must be for her to have entrusted just a few people, and to KNOW who betrayed her! How rude! I don't blame her for wanting to put it aside, but it stinks for the rest of us who now have to wait longer! I don't think I want to read what she's put out there. I think I want to wait and be surprised when it's complete!

Stacie said...

oui, I can't believe someone would do that. What a bummer. I hope that with some time she will want to finish it.

Funny that it brought to my mind when Joseph Smith lost the first part of the translation of the book of mormon. I bet he felt much the same way, only on a much larger scale.

Unknown said...

I am sooooo sad and upset too! I love the chapters of Midnight Sun we do have so far, and hopefully, in time, Stephenie Meyer will have the desire to complete it!

Even more to talk about with the other ladies in Forks, Melissa!

Sue said...

I am at such a loss to understand? Did someone steal some of the new book she was writing?

heather carlson said...

I'd heard that she said she was going to put her feelings aside and finish it for her fans? Is she still undecided?

I refuse to read what's written, I want all of it at once.:)