Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Two Years Old!

Emma turned 2 yesterday (I can't believe it)!

I wanted to do something fun for her birthday, so I took her and Noah to the Wiggly Play Center before we picked Isaac up from school. They had a great time! Emma's favorite part was the big bounce house slide.


Then in the evening, Stefani, Quentin, Haley and Julian joined us for Emma's "party". After eating some pizza, it was present time! Emma was SO CUTE when she opened her presents. She was so excited about everything she got! Thanks to everyone who got her a present. She loved it all!


Then it was time for cake! I'm embarrassed to post pictures with the sad looking cake I made (I need to take a class or something). Oh well, Emma loved it, so that's what counts! She was so excited and even made a big mess. Silly girl!


After cake, it was pinata time! Emma saw the Dora pinata at Walmart a few weeks ago and begged for it (hence the Dora theme for her birthday - although, she kept saying that she was having a "Diego" party). Once the candy came out of the pinata, she leaned down, picked up one sucker, opened it, and started eating it. She didn't quite "get it" that she was supposed to gather up as much candy as possible. Luckily, Daddy was there to help her out!

All in all, a great 2nd birthday for Emma!

7 comments:

Stefani M. said...

What I won't forget from the party--
Emma's cake filled hair, and the boys giving everyone the salon treatment with Emma's beauty kit! (Oh, and Haley thieving the swing, again... and again.) Happy Birthday, Emma. Glad you enjoyed your day!

nikki said...

I can't believe she's 2 seems like you just had her. Happy Birthday Emma!

Sue said...

Love you Emma! Glad you had a great 2nd birthday. Hope you enjoy your presents. Home made cakes usually tastes better. It looks nice. It looks like it has sprinkles on it, YUM. Can't wait to see your gifts when I arrive. Love,Grandma Hubbard

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Emma! Looks like you had a really fun birthday party! Love your smiley face on your special day! Hugs and kisses from Grandma!!

Kate said...

She's 2, Oh My! What a FUN day for her. Oh, and just know, your cake looks SPECTACULAR to any 2 year old! :) Happy B-day Emma!

rebecca said...

Can't believe she's two! What a fun mom you are! That's an awesome 2 year old party.

Nicole said...

Wow! Has that day come already? That means Alli is next! I'm not ready! It's going WAY too fast.
Emma is just adorable, Melissa. I'm so sad the girls aren't growing up to know each other. I was so looking forward to that. Our girls and our boys, best pals. Sigh... miss you. Anyway, looks like she had a very special day. Happy Birthday Emma!