Friday, June 13, 2008

Today is not my day...

Today is one of those days where I feel like giving up on trying to do fun things with my kids. It's just too frustrating. I don't think I have it in me to be a good mom. I think I'll become a hermit, never leave my house, put my kids in front of the tv all day and just play on the computer or sleep. Do you ever feel that way? Maybe it's just me...

6 comments:

Sue said...

Melissa, I have felt the same way. You are a great mom, you try very hard. Sometimes that is the problem. We try too hard in our own mind. We have an out-come we desire, and we feel like failures when our optimum desire is not met. Just know that tomorrow is another day and it will probably be a better day. And always know that those that love you never think you are anything but a great mom.

Stefani M. said...

Sounds like the new park didn't go so well? Is it a week into summer vacation and you're already looking forward to the next school year? Sorry your day was so rotten. We've all had those days. My mom's right, though, I think we expect too much out of ourselves. It's a hard lesson to learn to "go with the flow" or to be flexible, or to be more patient, or to have more realistic expectations. Sleep does wonders though! Tomorrow will be better!

Stacie said...

I've felt that way too many times to count. Some days I do just turn on the TV or the video games and go be a hermit in my room for a good long while. Summer is hard. I love sleeping in and not making lunches but having all the kids all day everyday is so draining! Not to mention the messes they make way faster than they could possible ever be cleaned. I agree that we often try too hard. I try remembering what I liked to do best when I was a kid and it was usually just hanging out doing nothing with the neighborhood kids. It's ok to be a hermit as long as you don't do it everyday! (at least that's my theory}

Deanna said...

Haha, I hit that every day around noon. That's why the kids usually go for "naps" around then... :P Just remember that even when outings don't go as planned, that the kids probably had more fun that you think they did. And If you need another reminder, you are a very good mother and sunbeam teacher. How sweet your kids are is proof, even if they aren't angels for you, they are for others... :) Oh and any time you need a break, you can come over and we will lock the kids in the back yard and chat photo shop! (you think I'm joking? I'm not..well maybe about the locking part...maybe)

Nicole said...

AMEN!

LoriT said...

Hopefully you know from reading my blog that I have these moments far more than I should ever admit. Hopefully you also know that when I say, "I am grateful that you ALSO have days like this," it's because someone I admire greatly (YOU) has days just like me.

Thanks for telling it like it is. It makes the rest of us feel so much more "normal."