Isaac turned 7 on Thursday. The day started off with a breakfast of his choice (waffles with strawberries and whipped cream) on the red plate. Then we headed off for swim lessons. After swim lessons we picked Grandma and Grandpa Hoyle up from the airport. Isaac was excited that they were able to come on his birthday! When we got home, he opened his presents. Then he spent the rest of the afternoon playing "Puzzle Quest", a PC game that Grandma and Grandpa gave him. Then Grandma and Grandpa treated us to dinner at Gattitown. Because it was Isaac's birthday, I even paid for him to get his face painted (Noah didn't want his face painted). I think it looked pretty cool, but it scared Emma to death! She kept saying, "I don't like it." I finally convinced her that it was just a "picture" on his face, but she still wasn't very happy about it. He sure was, though!
Then yesterday, we had Isaac's "Webkinz" birthday party. There were 12 boys in all (including Isaac and Noah).
The boys played games, ate pizza and cupcakes, wacked a pinata, tossed water balloons and played on the water slide. I think the guests had a good time, and Isaac had a good time, too (for the most part).
You may be wondering what I mean by "for the most part". Well, it all started out great. Then after Isaac blew out the candle on his cupcake (a #7 candle), he asked if he could lick the frosting off the bottom of the candle. I said, "of course". Well, I guess he bit part of the candle off, thinking it was frosting, and when he realized what he had done he FREAKED out! I tried to convince him that the wax wouldn't hurt him, but Isaac is hard to convince when he has something in his head. He said his stomach hurt really bad (and I'm sure it did because he was so nervous about the wax). It took a little while, but I finally convinced him to stop crying and open his presents. That cheered him up quite a bit. Then it was time to play outside. That also started out great, but then Isaac got hit in the back with a water balloon and it was all downhill from there. He cried about his back hurting. Then he got really nervous that the water slide was so crowded. He kept saying, "I'm not used to this. I don't think this is working. The line is too long. You need to think of something different, Mom." The whole thing was just too much for him to handle. Luckily, the other boys seemed pretty oblivious to Isaac's whiny fit, and kept on playing and having a great time. Isaac, on the other hand, looked like this:
It was pretty frustrating for me (after all the work I put into his party), but I handled it pretty well (no tears). Oh well, I'm not doing birthday parties for my kids next year, so hopefully I'll have time to recover and regain my enthusiasm... Maybe...
100 Day Challenge Log
15 years ago


8 comments:
I LOVE reading your posts. They always leave me with a huge smile on my face that lasts all day.
Happy Birthday, Isaac! I hope that there are not permanent side effects from your party. :)
Happy Birthday to Isaac! May mommy's sanity return soon!
I really can't believe that Isaac is 7. When I first met you, he was a toddler. Strange how fast time flies.
What a day! Happy Birthday Isaac!
Love you Melissa. Thank you, to you and David, for giving Isaac such a great party. Isaac, I love you. Hope you had a good time at Gattitown with Grandma and Grandpa Hoyle.
Happy Birthday Isaac! I can't believe our boys are 7!!
We miss you guys. The boys are loving looking at these pictures of Isaac of my shoulder.
It was great fun to be there for your 7th birthday! Sorry the waterslide was hectic with sooooo many boys, but I'm sure your friends had a good time! How can it be possible that you're so big? Love you...
Nick had a GREAT time! Thanks! We should meet up and go swimming sometime... FAC?
Post a Comment