Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day?

Well, David's Father's Day didn't go exactly as he might have hoped. He hurt his back on Saturday (playing with the kids - ironically). It hurt really bad yesterday. It helped a little to put Icy Hot on it, but he still couldn't sit for very long without having to lie down. He couldn't even make it through Sacrament Meeting without having to lie down. So, when Sacrament Meeting was over, we went home. Later he got a blessing from our Home Teacher and the Elder's Quorum President. It's actually feeling a lot better today, but he took the day off anyway so he can rest it some more.

Anyway, I was very bad and didn't take a single picture on Father's Day. :( I meant to get one of David and the kids, but I just never did it. I was good wife, though, and made him a yummy breakfast and dinner. For breakfast he requested a recipe from The Pioneer Woman Cooks (which, by the way, looks like a great place to get recipes). It's called the Sleepin' in Omelette. It was really good and very flavorful (although, if you decide to try the recipe, I recommend using only 1 stick of butter and 4 oz of cream cheese). It was VERY rich and filling.

I'm so grateful that David is such a great dad to our kids. I hope he felt appreciated and loved on Father's Day, because he deserves it!

4 comments:

Sue said...

Happy Father's Day to my son. Love you.

Nicole said...

Yep.. I've been on vacation and going again this weekend. I'll be in Sequoia for a week. Sorry I've missed a lot of posts. I meant to take a pic of Jason & the kids of Father's Day too... didn't happen. I did make him yummy meals though. Thanks for the recipe website. I'll have to check that out!

Helen said...

Bummer, I hope David is feeling better!

That looks yummy, i'll have to try it out!

LoriT said...

Wow! That looks scrumptious. David's a lucky man to have such an attentive wife. :)

After reading this post last Sunday, I visited The Pioneer Woman's site and made the Chicken Spaghetti. I tried to make it a little healthier than the original recipe, but it was still VERY good. Thanks for cluing me into a great new source of recipes.