Last Saturday we took the kids to the Frisco Easter Eggstravaganza. It was fun, but very crowded and kind of cold. The kids didn't seem to mind, though.
The event was supposed to be divided by age (with different age kids hunting for eggs on different fields), but we didn't want to split the kids up so we put them all on the Preschool age field. They excitedly gathered at the edge of the field where thousands of eggs were laid out and waited for the siren to sound. And when it did, it was a mad dash to gather the eggs (I think Isaac filled his bucket in about 30 seconds). It was fun to watch them. Isaac gathered mostly plastic eggs, and Noah and Emma gathered candy eggs (don't worry, they were wrapped). They all ended up with way more candy than they needed (especially since it was mostly gross, cheap candy), and were very happy about it.
We originally intended to stay and do the bounce houses and visit the Easter Bunny, but (like I said) it was really crowded, so we opted to go to the mall and see the Easter Bunny there. This was the result:
I think it speaks for itself.
100 Day Challenge Log
15 years ago


5 comments:
That is so cool that whole field is covered with eggs!
I'm still debating on taking the boys pictures with the easter bunny....why are they all so ugly???
Fun! Reminds me of the Egg hunts we have gone to in Oregon while visiting Dave's family. In the older kids fields they would have cans of soda all over the place. It was nuts. I'm not about to pay $5 a kid to go egg hunting here in Moorpark. Sadly we missed the egg hunt with playgroup due to sick kids.
The Moorpark egg hunt costs $5?!? The Frisco one was free or we wouldn't have been there. :)
I was a bad mom and didn't do any of that with the kids this year. It never occured to me to visit the Easter bunny - totally forgot it existed at the mall. Didn't feel like the big egg hunt (didn't realize the price went up since our last visit either) and no play group either cause we had family coming in town that day from Iowa. I barely colored eggs with the kids cause Jason & I were in Solvang Fri & Sat. for our Anniversary. Jay was in the ER Sat. for 4 hours due to leg injury and egg coloring almost lost out too. I also spoke in Sacrament and had family here for big dinner. Sigh...Glad the day is coming to a close. I'm beat!!
"Egg"stravaganza- clever! It's amazing how fast the tons of eggs dissapear in their baskets once they get the green light.
Looks like Emma feels the same way about the BIG BUNNY as my little ones do! Cute and funny portrait.
Post a Comment