The snow from Monday night melted away by about noon on Tuesday. Wednesday was a warm day. David wore shorts on his run and I didn't wear a jacket while running errands. Then today, this is what we got:
It was snowing pretty hard by the time I picked Isaac up from school. When we got back to the house, I couldn't get my car to drive up the driveway. The wheels just kept turning. We don't own a shovel, so David got the broom and "swept" away enough snow for me to get the car into the garage. Then we played! Emma was in her bed (she didn't seem to be a huge fan of playing in the snow the other day, anyway), but Isaac, Noah, David and I played. We (mostly David and I) built "Mr. Snowy" (Isaac named him). It was my first time constructing a snowman. We tried to give him strawberry eyes and a carrot nose, but the snow was so icy and hard, we couldn't get them to poke in. So, we made do with raisins for eyes and nose, chow mein noodles for hair and a strawberry juice mouth (painted by Isaac).
100 Day Challenge Log
15 years ago


11 comments:
I can't believe it's snowing like that there! Is that typical? I don't remember Amy mentioning snow last year. That's crazy fun! What a treat, before all the heat. Enjoy it while you can. I'm totally jealous. I'd love to wake up to snow covering our yard one day, and letting the kids build a creative snowman from whatever we can find in the pantry. Classic! I love it!
so so jealous! what fun!
It is typical for Texas to get "some" snow "some" years, but not usually like this. From what I've heard, it usually doesn't stick. It's also weird that it's snowing in MARCH!
Today school is starting 2 hours late because the buses can't go when the roads are icy.
Thats awesome...looks like so much fun!
Isaac, Noah & Emma,
You are LUCKY (and not to mention, blessed) to have such FUN parents! My kids begged me to help them make a snowman yesterday, but it was just too cold for their dear old mom to go outside.
Melissa,
Awesome pictures to help preserve such fun memories. I LOVE the snow angel and snowman shots!
You guys are so much better than I am. There was no way I was playing in the snow... I couldn't even find my Utah jacket! Poor Haley had to play by herself. Oh, well. Before we went outside yesterday, she grabbed a measuring cup and her playfood spork so that she could "dig in the snow." I guess it's like white sand to her!
Very cool! So much fun especially knowing that it most likely won't happen again for a while and it won't last too long either.
I saw your post on my blog about my being absentee. I got really sick in early Feb and ended up with pneumonia. All my kids and then Dave had it to a degree without the pneumonia too. It's just taken me a while to get back on my feet again to do something productive. I was just thinking about needing to start posting again. I'll be back soon! Thanks for making me feel "missed"!!
Eileen and Anna reacted about the same way as Noah and Anna (not surprising since they are similar ages) Eileen loved it, Anna didn't really want to have anything to do with it.!
Wow! Cool snowman! I think I got out of Texas just in time! Too much snow for Grandma...just kidding...I wish I was still there with all of my darlings!!!
Melissa, can you send me the two snowman pics (you and snowman & you and Isaac and Noah and snowman)? They are too cute, I must have prints! Thx
Thx for the email...you really look so beautiful in those snowman pics, Melissa. :)
Post a Comment