Isaac's main reason for wanting to play soccer was to get a trophy. Yesterday was his soccer party (at Gattitown), and he got his trophy for participating in the Frisco Soccer Association. He was thrilled!! Although, he was a little bothered that the trophy didn't look like a "traditional" trophy. It looks more like a plaque, and he thought that was pretty weird.
Soccer was a very frustrating experience this year. Isaac's team lost every game by a LOT of goals. It was usually probably 20 or so to 0. The coach and all the kids on the team were really nice, but I think the coach was probably TOO nice. He always told the kids they were doing a great job, even when they weren't trying. I'm not sure what we're going to do next year. If Isaac wants to play soccer again, we may not sign up for the same team. It was just so discouraging for the kids to NEVER score! I guess it all ended well, though, because Isaac got his MUCH desired trophy!!!



6 comments:
Way to go Isaac!! I think you and David deserve the trophy for sitting through all those games without ONE goal!! Truly unbelievable :) Although I'm glad to not have another, or three other, "traditional" trophies, I can see why Isaac didn't really appreciate this season's trophy! I guess he'll have to play again to get a "real one" :) LOL
Congrats to Isaac! He sure looks happy to have received his long awaited trophy/plaque. You can't be serious that the other teams scored by that many. I think the most goals I've seen in a game (for the girls age 7 anyway) was 6! I feel for his team to not have scored any. I feel coaches should emphasize learning & fun, but strategically organizing the game for scoring advantage is important too. The kids need to taste some of that sweet victory once in a while.
What a bummer...his coach should have been a little bit more aggressive. Atleast he got a cool looking plaque/trophy. Maybe next time?!?! Way to go Isaac!
Great posts. Happy Birthday. I glad it was a good one.
I remember when Darren got a bobble-head baseball trophy and we were like... "what?" I thought it was lame. I like traditional. :-) Although, that plaque looks cool.
I always feel bad when Darren's soccer team scores like crazy and the other team is at zero. I start cheering for the other team. It's sad for those kids. Glad Isaac had a good time though. That's most important. The boys have their team party next week. They can't wait to get their trophies too.
I can relate! Except Steve and I were the coaches! We only won 2 games. It's hard when they are young to organize and teach them the game and if there isn't atleast one or two exceptional players the whole team suffers. They say it doesn't matter who wins or loses but let's face it it's no fun to lose everytime! Especially by 20 pts!!!!!I'm so glad soccer is over we have a tournament this weekend then were done!
Post a Comment