This week was Children's Book Week, so each day of the week they did something special at Isaac's school (like a visit from an author, etc.). Today they had a literary character parade. Each child was asked to dress up as their favorite book character, and to bring the book with that character to school with them. Isaac decided he wanted to dress up at Frog from the "Frog and Toad" books (which he loves!). I had fun putting his costume together. He was really excited to wear it to school today!


It was especially fun because his class performed at Friday Morning Live this morning. David, Noah, Emma and I went to see him sing and got to see all the kids dressed in their costumes. Parents were allowed to stay for the parade, but by that time Noah and Emma were sick of sitting, so I didn't stay. :(
100 Day Challenge Log
15 years ago


10 comments:
That is such a cool costume! Very clever!
Those are MY MOST ABSOLUTE FAVORITE children's books too! I LOVE frog and toad. I always knew Isaac was a smart kid! :) Very clever costume. His school sounds really fun.
What a great costume! Tyler LOVES Frog and Toad too. I'll have to show him Isaac's picture all dressed up.
you are a cool mom! Very cute!
How totally cute he is!! Very clever, Melissa! Frog & Toad are the BEST! I didn't realized there were so many books/stories until I was a Mom and bought them all. My favorite story is "The List." Some days I wish my list would blow away too, and I could just go to bed!! :)
Amy - Isaac LOVES that one!
Ilove those books. Great outfit!!!
I am very impressed with your costume making! So cute!
Such great books, and what a cute idea the school has for the kids to promote reading fun! Adorable Isaac.
I love those books. I frequently refer to my favorite one which is the one about the cookies and how they have no will power.
Post a Comment