Thursday, November 29, 2007

I've been tagged . . .

So, Rebecca tagged me to tell 6 random things about myself. Here they are:

1. I love getting packages in the mail. It's so much fun to look outside and see a package on the porch! I get excited every time (even when the package is something I ordered, and I knew it was coming). Today was a great day because I got 5 packages (one was stuff David's mom ordered for him for Christmas, one was something I ordered for David for Christmas, one was something for Isaac and Noah, one was a present for Emma from Santa, and one was a present for Emma from my mom). So, even though none of the packages were actually for me, they still made me happy!

2. I HAVE to go into my kids' rooms every night and check on them before I go to bed. If I get in bed without checking them, I always get up and do it. Sometimes it wakes them up when I come into their rooms, but I just can't go to bed until I know they are alive and breathing.

3. I LOVE to sleep! I would take a nap every day if I could (and a lot of days I do). I can sleep any time of day without any trouble at all (I think the only time I ever have trouble sleeping is when I'm pregnant). When I was in college I would sleep outside of my classrooms on the floor, in the library, and pretty much anywhere else. When I'm feeling sad or mad, the best medicine for me is to just go to sleep. If I don't get enough sleep, I'm a TOTAL crab. So, yeah, sleep is pretty important to me!

4. I love to browse around stores (especially when I have no children or just Emma with me). Whenever I go to Target after the kids are in bed ("just to pick up some dish soap or something"), David knows that I won't be back for a while. I just like walking all over the store looking at stuff. It's relaxing to me. I also LOVE looking through the ads in the Sunday paper, as well as any random magazines (Lillian Vernon, etc.) that come in the mail. I can't throw them away until I've looked at them (even when I know I don't want anything in them).

5. I really wish I had musical talent. I love to sing, but I'm horrible at it (my poor kids have to listen to me anyway). I also really want to learn to play the piano. When we can afford to get a piano, I really want to take lessons.

6. I hate making phone calls. I don't know what it is, maybe I'm scared, maybe I just don't want to bug people. Actually, it's easier for me to call people I don't know (like the cable company or something) than to call people I know (except for family members and people I feel REALLY comfortable around). I have a hard time doing visiting teaching because I'm nervous about calling my companion or the people I teach. I will almost always choose to e-mail someone rather than call them. It's not that I don't like to talk on the phone, because I do (if you've ever talked on the phone to me, you know that I will go on and on), it's just "making" the call that's hard. I never know if the person is in the middle of something, or maybe they don't really want to talk to me, and I'm wasting their time . . . whatever it is, it's hard for me to call people.

So, now I get to tag a few people! Amy A., Stacie, and Nicole - blog 6 random things about you!

7 comments:

rebecca said...

Yay! I love the randomness of this tagging game. :)

I too HAVE to check on my kids every night. Without fail.

I don't need as much sleep as you do, but a solid night means a happier mom for sure. How do you nap? Does Noah still take naps? When I'm pregnant I get pretty sleepy somewhere between 2-4:00 but I don't have the option to close my eyes. Sounds lovely.

Thanks for playing!

nikki said...

Oh my gosh! We have so many things in common! Except the checking on the kids once their asleep I'm done! Whatever happens in the night Steve's on call! This is so fun even though your far you feel so near! I can wander around any store without kids!!!!

nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacie said...

Dang, I was hoping to avoid this one! I could just copy yours. You sound exactly like me! Especially the phone call thing. I hate it too, that's why I'm such a lousy visiting teacher.

Kate said...

This was a lot of fun to read about you Melissa! I will say, you were SUCH A GREAT visiting teacher to me, and although I don't remember you being a big caller, I definitely felt pampered and loved by you!

Helen said...

Very interesting! I'm the same exact way about kids before i go to bed. I've tried to just not worry and go to bed without doing it, but I always end up checking on them anyway. I can't sleep otherwise!

Nicole said...

Those are fun things! I'm the same except making phone calls and I love sleep and naps, but can't quite do it just anywhere! I do nap some days while Alli is napping! It's the best! I've been tagged by my sister-in-law ages ago but can't quite think of anything fun. Some day I'll get to it. My computer's been in the shop for a week. I've got catching up to do today.