The "Advent Calendar" is my favorite Christmas tradition. It's something my mom did every year while I was growing up, and now I do it for my kids. Each day of December (leading up to Christmas) there is something fun on the Advent Calendar for each of the kids. It can be candy, small toys, pencils, etc., and some of the days there is a tag that says something like, "today we will go see Santa" or "Today we'll bake Christmas cookies". It's so much fun. I remember looking forward to it each year as a kid, and my kids really enjoy it. Isaac has been counting down to the start of the Advent Calendar. He knew when he went to bed tonight that it would be up in the morning. :) This is my first year doing it for all 3 kids (last year Emma was to small to care), and I've gotta say, I think I need something with bigger pockets! :) It's so hard to find things small enough to fit!
100 Day Challenge Log
15 years ago


8 comments:
I always loved this growing up too. We had a long one with little elastic loops that held mini candy bars. We had to take turns though. It was always exciting when our day came up.
I have one for my kids too, but it doesn't hold candy, just ornaments to stick on the little tree. They still like it. I don't think they know what they are missing.
Yea, we have too, but no everyday treats. You're kids have it good! Such a great tradition.
WOW, very cool!
Wow Melissa. I'm impressed by your calendar. You really have to think ahead to fill all those pockets! Cute, cute tradition and lucky kids!
I want to do that. Thanks for the great idea.
And I don't know how I missed that you tagged me. Ok ok, I will do it.
I love your Advent Calendar. I have one similar and I've only put kisses in it. You've inspired me to be more creative. Thanks!
We have one too, but it's not nearly as exciting as yours! Fun!
I remember when I was a kid, our calendar was half a piece of poster board with a calendar drawn on it with marker, a picture off a recycled Christmas card glued to the top, and a piece of candy taped to each square with a cheap toy wrapped up and taped on the last day. Did that make sense? It was always a PTA fundraiser and they sold them for like $2 or $3 each year. We LOVED them! Total memories! Did anyone else have those?
That is such a cool tradition. The Frisco Horse Farm is just north of Coit on 121. You can actually see it from the church. They also have a webpage.
Post a Comment